A little babymoon in Tahoe

Tuesday, February 7


 This past weekend Kevin and I got away to the mountains to just spend some uninterrupted time together before our sweet baby girl comes in 6 weeks! Our very generous friends lent us their gorgeous cabin on Lake Tahoe, and it was just what we needed.

We did a puzzle, read books, watched a movie, and then took some time to do some more intentional things together. I found this list of 100 questions couples can ask one another, and it was super fun to work through. All throughout the weekend we'd pick 3-4 questions at a time and ask one another. I feel like I know SO much about Kevin already, but some of these questions helped me to really understand him on a deeper level, which was so great. And some were just hilarious!

We also spent some quality time each day praying for our baby girl. It's so beautiful how we can lift our requests to the Lord and trust Him, relinquishing our control and putting everything in His hands. It was also very sweet to stare at my stomach and watch her kick, haha!

We've been going through a Christian birth class written by my friend Kierra, and finished up the last few classes this past weekend. If you are pregnant (or considering it), I think you would LOVE Kierra's class…her website is called A Heavenly Welcome, and her class is amazing! Check it out here! Even if you don't take the class, she's got some great resources on her website!!

One whole day we stayed inside in our PJ's, and the next day we went to Squaw Valley. I'm obsessed with the olympics, and the 1960 Olympics took place at Squaw Valley and they have a museum. We tried to visit, but the gondola to the top of the mountain (where the museum is) was closed that day! So instead we explored Squaw Valley, and then headed into Tahoe City for some delicious treats (including gluten/dairy free) and yummy drinks at The Tahoe House. It's run by a Swiss family, and has a huge roaring fire place and tons of great seating. They also had some awesome coffee table books of pictures from Switzerland, so of course Kevin and I flipped through those and remembered our Christmas in Switzerland last year!

Rest is amazing, and being in God's creation was so rejuvenating. Thankful we got the chance to get away before our sweet girl comes (which we are SO excited about!!) Hope you had a great weekend! xoxo




ps- My black and white stripped top is from here 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!